October 17, 2017
- Measure out 35g of fresh roasted Balzac’s coffee and grind with a medium to course grind. This can change over time as you begin to figure out your preference according to taste.
- Place the Kalita dripper on top of the glass server and put a paper filter inside; use hot water to rinse out the filter, which will also heat up the glass server.
- Pour out the water from the glass server and place on top of your scale, with the Kalita dripper sitting on top. Zero out your scale and ready your timer.
- Add the coffee into the dripper and begin pouring while starting your timer. Your first pour should be about 65g and the bloom should last for about 30 seconds.
- Begin your second pour, bringing your total weight to 250g. Let this drip until 1:30.
- Begin your third pour, bringing the total weight to 450g. Let this drip until 2:30.
- Begin your final pour, ending at a weight of 525g and letting it drip to completion. The entire process should finish in less than 4 minutes.
- Let the coffee cool for a few minutes while you tidy up, then sit back and enjoy!